cookieOptions = {...};

Friday 9 September 2016

The Way I See It... Writing Songs

Hey guys! I hope you liked the photography post from last week but we are back to The Way I See It posts. I hope you have all had a great week since I last talked to you. Today I'm going to be talking about my love of writing songs, I think I have written a post about song writing around a year ago but that was an entirely different (and cringeworthy) era of my blog so here is the updated version.

I love writing songs. For me it is a way to simultaneously escape and face my problems and turn them into something beautiful. I started writing songs when I was going through some bullying at the age of six, I had a yellow notebook with all of my songs in it, I used that notebook for songs for two or three years until I sadly lost it at a holiday program. I still think about that notebook and I have concluded that I will probably never get that notebook back so I may as well just stop wondering what is in the notebook. I am still writing songs to replace the yellow notebook-shaped hole in my heart, I know I will never get that notebook back but I know my songwriting skills have improved over the years. Maybe sometime I will share my music with you, until then here are some of the musical artist that inspire me greatly:
Dodie Clark
Lorde
Lauren Aquilina
Nina Nesbitt
Adele
Melanie Martinez
Halsey

Thank you so much for listening to my ramblings about songwriting. Do you write songs? What artists inspire you musically? Tell me in the comments. I hope you have a wonderful week and I will talk to you very soon!

xxx

Catherine

2 comments:

  1. I would love to hear your songs one day! I'm so sorry that you no longer have the yellow book, that's so sad. But hopefully you'll still continue to write and write and write songs :) xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was beautiful!
    I have nominated you for the 'Bloggers Recognition Award'

    http://harrieescribbles.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/bloggers-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
<3 Catherine